NJRW Members' News
Awards, Honors & Reviews
- Carly Phillips is thrilled to announce that Read Pink Serendipity (reissue) is now available for pre-order.Read Pink Serendipity is a publisher reprint of Serendipity as part of an October Breast Cancer Awareness campaign! Same book as the original but with a special cover, available 9/25. Carly also wishes to remind everyone that Destiny and Karma are still available at a book retailer near you!
- Nancy Herkness has accepted a two-book deal with Montlake Romance to continue the West Virginia/whisper horse series which begins with Take Me Home. Take Me Home will be released November 6, 2012. Nancy’s comment: Yeeeehaaaaw!
- Dee Davis's newest A-Tac novel, Deadly Dance was featured as Cosmopolitan Magazine’s Red Hot Read in the May Issue. And the same book was also featured on Good Morning Texas as part of a feature “What next after Fifty Shades of Gray”.
- Kathy Kulig is thrilled to announce her recent release Spring Break from Ellora's Cave and the sale of Damned and Defiant, the third book of her Demons in Exile series, also from Ellora's Cave.
- Karen Rose Smith is pleased to announce the sale of a three-book mystery series to Kensington Books. The mysteries revolve around a sleuth who is a unique home stager.
Karen Rose Smith's February 2011 release, His Daughter...Their Child, has won the CataNetwork Reviewers' Choice Award for 2011 for Best Special Edition.
- Congrats to all our NJRW member finalists in the 2011 Golden Leaf Contest! The winners will be announced at the Put Your Heart in a Book Conference on October 21, 2011.
** Denotes NJRW members
Best First Book
Forever Freed by Laura Kaye **
Welcome to Last Chance by Hope Ramsay **
Dangerous Desires by Dee Davis **
His Enemy's Daughter by Terri Brisbin**
A Perfect Affair by Tina Gabrielle**
Cindy's Prince by Christine Bush**
His Black Sheep Bride by Anna DePalo**
One Night with Prince Charming by Anna DePalo**
Slow Dancing on Price's Pier by Lisa Dale**
Moonlight & Violet by M. Kate Quinn**
I Dream of Genies by Judi Fennell**
Forever Freed by Laura Kaye**
The Proper Care and Maintenance of Friendship by Lisa Verge Higgins**
- Kate Lutter sold her debut novel Wild Point Island to Crescent Moon Press. It is a paranormal romance based on an event--known in history as the Lost Colony of Roanoke--that occurred 400 years ago. Wild Point Island will be released in mass market paperback and can be downloaded into your kindle or nook and will be available through Amazon and Barnes and Noble, etc. Kate has been writing for ten years. This is her fifth novel.
- Tina Gabrielle is pleased that her Regency historical, A Perfect Scandal, placed third in the Write Touch Readers' Award Contest of Wisconsin RWA.
- Karen Bostrom Walling, writing as Karen Bostrom, is excited to announce that her novella, Red Leather Reunion, has been released by The Wild Rose Press in digital format as part of their Class of ’85 series. Karen loves attending high school reunions and seeing how characters change – or not. If you like reading about second chance-romance, revenge, and ballroom dancing, check out her website at http://www.karenbostrom.com or http://www.thewildrosepress.com.
- Heidi Betts is pleased to announce that her book Knock Me for a Loop (Book 3 of her "Chicks with Sticks" trilogy for SMP) won the "Book Buyers' Best" Award from Orange County RWA in the Single Title
- M. Kate Quinn ’s romance, Summer Iris is a finalist in the Golden Quill Awards' "Best First Book" category.
- Karen Rose Smith has been honored with the Washington Romance Writers Outstanding Achievement Award. Karen's first romance was published in 1992. Her 74th romance, Once Upon a Groom for Harlequin Special Edition, will be released in October.
- Roni Denholtz is pleased to announce her book A Taste of Romance is a finalist in the National Readers' Choice Awards
- Jennifer Shirk is pleased to announce her recent Avalon Books romance, Georgie on his Mind (August 2010) is one of the winners of the CataNetwork Single Titles Reviewers’ Choice Award for 2010.
- Mary Kennedy is happy to say that Penguin has re-issued one of her out-of-print YA romances, Confessions of an Almost Movie Star, as a specially priced mass market version for $3.58.
- Shobhan Bantwal is pleased to announce a new two-book contract with Kensington Books. The Full Moon Bride is scheduled for release in 2011 and the as yet untitled second book is slated for a 2012 release.
- Mickey Flagg is thrilled to announce Inheritance — The Champion Chronicles: Book Three has been contracted to The Black Rose Line of The Wild Rose Press. Consequences... Book Two of the paranormal romance trilogy releases in paperback and e-book this August. Please visit http://www.mflagg.blogspot.com for more info.
- Ludima Gus Burton has sold her 7th book, Never a Cougar, to Wriite Words, Inc.
- Terri Brisbin is excited to announce that her both her books, A Storm of Passion from Brava and The Conqueror's Lady from HH - are finalists in the Best Short Historical category of the brand-new RomCon Reader's Crown contest! This contest is being co-sponsored by Borders and the winners' books will be featured in a special display in all Borders stores for August and Harlequin has even agreed to re-issue any H/S books that win.
- Annette Blair has signed contracts to write three new Vintage Magic Mysteries and novellas for the Mammoth Book of Scottish Romances and the Mammoth Book of Ghost Romances, release dates TBA. She also has release dates for: Vampire Dragon, the third Works Like Magick Novel, April 2011 & Skirting the Grave, the fourth Vintage Magic Mystery, July 2011.
Annette's Sex and the Psychic Witch, Gone with the Witch, Never Been Witched and Naked Dragon have sold to Thailand.
Death by Diamonds, Vintage Magic Mystery three, July, and Bedeviled Angel, Works Like Magick Novel two, August, are available for preorder. Go to http://www.annetteblair.com for excerpts and for the story of the stories.